SIMPLEHUMAN Does NOT honor their warranties , Tell U to GET BENT

Update added by user Jul 12

I'm going to file with the BBB

Original review posted by user Jul 11

More 4

i purchased a Simplehuman butterfly lid step trashcan for $120+ ,I bought when we was renovating our kitchen to have it when we was done. so i had the can sitting around for almost a month before i ever opened the item.

when i did open it there was 2 huge dents on the sides and the main thing is the lids were pinched together and don't want to function and paint is scuffed off and the inside of the can has gouges in it from the lids being pinched it. You can tell the can is brand new and i have pictures of it still sealed in the factory plastic and it still has the tags on it and the stickers so you can tell its brand new, i also have the brand new garbage bags and manuals ect in the can, clearly never used and I ALSO EVEN REGISTERED THE CAN ON SIMPLEHUMANS WEBISTE WHEN I BOUGHT IT , YES I REGISTERED IT . When i opened and discovered the damage i took the item back to the store i bought it from and they told me it was past their return date and was a factory warranty issue .

i message simplehuman for an exchange and tell them my situation with the store and they tell me its not their problem that i need to handle it with the store and i explain even so that i bought it from a store it is the store SELLING SIMPLEHUMAN ITEMS FOR SIMPLEHUMAN they are still REPRESENTING SIMPLEHUMAN .

Either way they kept saying they aren't reliable , and because i bought it at a store they aren't reliable , and then it changed to they needed to know the store i bought it from, then after they confirmed that they wanted a order number i gave them my receipt and still no info on how to exchange , i will be filing with the BBB TODAY !

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Style and Design

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Customer serivce questioning me like im a liar or thief
    • Customer service questioning me like im a liar or thief

Reason of review:
Simplehuman Butterfly Step Trashcan
Review category
Furniture and Decor
review #880409 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Simplehuman? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Simplehuman. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Simplehuman.
Filing a new complaint about